Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's that time of year.....already?


4 hours
3 fights....er discussions with my husband
2 trips to Walmart
Priceless?
I don't know about you, but my kids are duds. I love them and all, but they just don't really "get" into the holidays.
Halloween, my favorite holiday, they go to all of 3 houses and they are ready to go back home. I mean really. I think that tells me they get WAY too much candy throughout the year.
So do ya think I had any help from the kids on the tree? Yeah, no. Completely not interested. Jonah put up a few of his own personal ornaments, as for the rest of 'em...heck NO! Truthfully, if it weren't for those anklebiters I wouldn't even put up a tree. And then there will be the grandkids. I'm doomed I tell ya.
Anyone up for next year at my house? You will have to put up with my incessant yelling and moving of every ornament you place on the tree, but it's all in the name of a very Merry Christmas, right?


2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am so happy that you put up your tree. It looks beautiful! I am going to put mine up this week too. We are leaving for Thanksgiving and I want it done when I get back.

Bartlett Family said...

You crazy girl!! You should try decorating up here. Climbing on the roof with ice on it just to hang some measly little iclicle lights that will almost always die with the first good rain. AHHHH! I feel your pain, but my kids will just knock over the tree and want to restart then cry when the tree stabs them mercilessly!!!!!!!!!
love ya
ps it just dawned in me that you have a blog! you have to tell me these things. I'm kinda slow right now.